Teacher/Instructional - Substitute Teacher
- Level: High School
- Position: Other
Monmouth (New Jersey)
1. Hold a New Jersey educator credential (teacher, administrator, educational services); OR
2. Apply for a substitute-specific credential which entails at least 60 semester-hour credits at a regionally-accredited college or university and complete a criminal history background check
A “substitute teacher” is a person assigned to temporarily fill an unfilled position either on a daily on call basis or long or short term basis.
Non Instructional – Lacrosse Coach
Monmouth (New Jersey)
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate or eligibility, substitute teaching certificate or proof of 60 college credits.
2. Minimum experience as determined by the board.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the sport, sports training and conditioning, injury prevention and management and the principles of human growth and development.
4. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment and high standards of conduct for athletes.
5. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
1. Demonstrates a working knowledge of the rules and officiating techniques of the sport.
2. Designs and implements the program as approved by the Athletic Director and makes suggestions for improvement to him/her as needed.
3. Has the ability to and works with individual students to improve athletic skills, develop positive attitudes, encourage good sportsmanship and foster academic success.
4. Attends all practices, games, meetings and related activities including the year end banquet in May.
5. Complies and maintains all required records and inventories.
6. Distributes and collects all athletic equipment and supplies.
7. Assists in the selection and evaluation of assistant coaches.
8. Assists in developing a budget and the selection of equipment and supplies.
9. Assists in the coordination of JV/Freshman teams.
10. Assists in determining students’ eligibility, awards, team makeup and planning scrimmages if appropriate.
11. Keeps informed and upholds all current professional developments in the coaching field, all NJSIAA regulations.
12. Cooperates with custodial staff in maintaining a safe, clean environment.
13. Serves as a role model by his/her appearance, demeanor and display of sportsmanship.
14. Assists the Athletic Director and Nurse during sports physicals
Monmouth (New Jersey)
The Candidate will need EITHER:
1) to possess School Nurse certification in New Jersey;
2) to be in a School Nurse certification program; or
3) to be willing to enter a School Nurse certification program.
The School Nurse will be responsible for: • Classroom instruction in areas related to health; • Carrying out written orders of the medical home and standing orders of the school physician; • Conducting health screenings which include height, weight, blood pressure, hearing, vision and scoliosis; • Monitoring vital signs and general health status for emergent issues for students suspected of being under the influence of alcohol and controlled dangerous substances; • Maintaining student health records; • Recommending to the school principal those students who shall not be admitted to or retained in the school building based on a parent‘s failure to provide evidence of the child‘s immunization according to specified schedules; • Annually reviewing student immunization records to confirm with the medical home that the medical condition for the exemption from immunization continues to be applicable; • Recommending to the school principal exclusion of students who show evidence of communicable disease; • Directing and supervising the emergency administration of epinephrine and training school staff designated to serve as delegates; • Administering asthma medication through use of a nebulizer; • Directing and supervising the health services activities of any school staff to whom the certified School Nurse has delegated a nursing task; • When appropriate, transmitting a summary of relevant health and medical information to a Child Study Team; • Writing and updating, at least annually, the individualized health care plan and the individualized emergency healthcare plan for students’ medical needs and instructing staff as appropriate; • Implementing and assisting in the development of healthcare procedures for students in the event of an emergency; • Instructing teachers on communicable disease and other health concerns; • Providing other nursing services consistent with the School Nurse‘s certification; • Working with the Athletic Trainer with Family ID