The Mater Dei Prep Chapter of the National Honor Society is known as the Monsignor Robert T. Bulman Chapter. The following qualifications are necessary for membership:
- Must be a junior or senior, having attended Mater Dei Prep for at least one full semester.
- Scholastic eligibility is determined by GPA. A minimum GPA of 3.5 is required. No more than 15% of classes may be taken at the 100 level.
- Juniors must be enrolled in a Brookdale or Seton Hall college-credit course; Seniors must have completed a Brookdale or Seton Hall college-credit course.
- Students meeting these criteria will be notified by mail in the fall of their qualifying year after faculty committee review. Once students receive the notice of academic qualification, they must complete and submit the following information:
- Documentation of a minimum of 125 hours of community service for juniors and 150 hours for seniors
- A list of all club and athletic activities (in and out of school), work experience, and awards received throughout high school with points listed (use attached activity points sheet) – minimum of 40 points
- A resume
- Personal essay in response to the adviser’s chosen topic
- All documentation submitted in portfolio format
A committee comprised of Mater Dei Prep faculty members will review all submitted materials and determine whether the nominee meets the requirements for induction into the National Honor Society chapter. Nominees will be notified of the committee’s decision in early November. Any nominee who fails to submit their documentation by the due date will automatically be removed from consideration.
Once inducted into the National Honor Society, members must maintain a 3.5 GPA
participate in a 15 hour per year peer tutoring program,
and have no major discipline issue in order to remain in the honor society.