To align resources with the vision and direction of the Board of Trustees of Mater Dei Prep to enrich the learning environment while empowering parents, teachers and students for success. Our desire as a PTO is to exemplify integrity, Catholic identity, teamwork and community while fostering productive, healthy partnerships with school teachers and administration staff. We will conduct ourselves with humble, positive attitudes to help develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement and to improve the environment at Mater Dei Prep through volunteer and financial support. The PTO will utilize our time, talent, and reserve to assist the school and sponsor events to build upon and strengthen Mater Dei Prep High School.
PTO meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month unless otherwise noted.
Your support through volunteerism and attendance at events is critical in the success of Mater Dei Prep.
If you are interested in an important role, please e-mail email@example.com.
To continue the success of the PTO we need volunteers to be committee chairs and members.
- Pocketbook Bingo- Plans and executes all areas of this fundraiser
- Super 50/50- Manages the 50/50 raffle
- Soliciation- Soliciates the community to secure donations for PTO events.
- Hospitality-Coordinates set up and clean up at all events such as PTO Meetings, Back to school Night, Open Houses, etc.
- Social Concerns- Helps families in need with the Seraph community.
- Spirituality- Arranges Parent Masses, Retreats, and/or Lenten Meditations. (Two per year)
- Teacher Appreciation Chair- Coordinates 3 to 4 Teacher Lunches/Breakfasts per year.
- Volunteer Coordinator- gets volunteers to help at events. Gathers emails and uses a program for parents to sign up.
- Freshman Parent Welcome (May) - Coordinates the Freshman Parent Social that takes place in the Spring. Works with the Advancement /Admissions Office.
- Class Parent Representative- helps to advance the mission of the schools by encouraging freshman participation in events and welcome new transfer students and families. Serves as the “go to person” for information.
If you are interested in joining a committee or have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at a meeting!